If you have a student who is new to Kenai Peninsula Borough School District, and you would like to register them for the 2020/2021 school year, you can click this link and fill out the forms online: https://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/students_parents.aspx?id=448
Moose Pass School will have open enrollment/registration at the school office August 10-14 from 10:00AM to 2:00PM. Feel free to stop in or call with any questions during this time. If your student was enrolled in Moose Pass School for the 2019-2020 they will automatically continue to be enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year, unless you request to unenroll them. The first day of school for the 2020-2021 school year is Tuesday, August 18.
School begins Monday!
These next few months will require a growth mindset for each of us. Our families and students know that the school district staff is here to help as together we navigate the shift to virtual schooling and remote learning activities. We have an opportunity to learn together, and ask you to join in this historic time to learn, stretch, and discover things we did not know we could do!
Dear Parents & Students,
Thank you for your understanding, flexibility, and most importantly, your trust in our teachers and staff to continue to hold your student’s best interests close as we navigate through these truly historic times!
KPBSD educators are working carefully to:
- Ensure students have an appropriate balance of online and offline work so students do not spend too much time in front of a computer.
- Define appropriate amounts of work for students to perform in a Remote Learning environment. This link describes workload descriptions, separated by grade spans with time recommendations.
- Ensure every student has access to learning materials and activities, regardless of computer and internet access at home.
Although delivery of our Remote Learning instruction will primarily take place online, parents and students will have access to hard copies of materials as needed. Principals and teachers are working directly with parents, and there are various options for both delivery of material, as well as returning completed work back to teachers. Kindly work with your student’s teacher, or principal, for arrangements that work for your family situation.
As school districts around our state and nation begin shifting where and how instruction happens, Alaska Department of Education and Early Development Commissioner Michael Johnson reminded us that “Teaching is not a location; it’s a relationship and action.” Regardless of where and how we serve parents, guardians, and students, we are committed first, to maintain and enhance our relationships with parents and students, while also providing the highest quality instruction possible.
There is no question that challenges face us ahead as we navigate this new format of teaching and learning, but KPBSD is prepared, and our teachers and staff are up to the challenge. Working together to accomplish great things is what Alaska has always been about, and we have confidence in our ability to work in partnership to provide the best learning experiences for every one of our 8,500 students!
The KPBSD Instructional Team
- KPBSD Remote Learning Resources For Parents
- “Get-It and Go” Free Meals for KPBSD Students To sign-up, or stop delivery, please call Student Nutrition Services at 714-8890
- KPBSD Guidelines for Offline Learning Materials Read the details
- Internet Access Resources for students and educators
- COVID-19 and KPBSD webpage
- Check your risk for coronavirus: https://c19check.com/start
- Kenai Peninsula Borough Joint Information Center (JIC) website
- KPBalerts Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KPBAlerts/
- Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) Covid-19 webpage
- DHSS Facebook
Learn more about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at coronavirus.alaska.gov
For non-clinical related questions please call 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221, or contact your health provider
Pegge Erkeneff, Director of Communications, Community, and Government Relations
Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
148 N. Binkley Street
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
direct: 907.714.8847 main: 907.714.8888
KPBSD will inspire all learners to pursue their dreams in a rigorous, relevant and responsive environment.
Moose Pass School
P.O. Box 46
Moose Pass, AK 99631